Friday, December 26, 2008

Alphabet Book

This christmas I made a custom gift for the kids!


About 7 or 8 months ago while printing a wedding album with Asuka Books I came across a design in their inspiration gallery that totally inspired me. It was an alphabet themed photo book by Khara Plicanic. (As a side note here... I have to give her credit for being one of the very best portrait and wedding photographers I've ever seen - her stuff is amazing!)

I decided to give something similar a shot for Christmas for my daughter and nieces. The idea is totally brilliant because if you've ever tried to take photos of kids - you know that their patience wears thin quickly! Giving them props to play with and allowing scenes to unfold unaware of the camera is a much better way to get genuine pictures. My sister in law Vanessa helped out a lot in getting the kids to interact. Madison (the oldest of the three) was fed up by the time we were finished despite a lot of bribery... she got wise to my plan and was simply finished by the time I got to my last few letters. So we used a couple of pics from the past including a winter photo that my Dad took of her.

Here is the final result - the book which you can click through. The kids loved the printed version - even the babies!! It was defineately worth the effort.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Sarah! Looks like your book turned out fab! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments... I love hearing all of them!