Monday, September 10, 2012

Dave & Katy's Wedding: Getting Ready

Last month our continent experienced a blue moon. That rare occasion when the moon bares it's full brightness twice in a small space of time. At that same time another more rare occurrence was taking place near the shores of lake Ontario. Dozens of family members from all over the globe gathered around two people very near and dear to me - my brother David and his wife Katy. All the generations of both families made their way to one little farm in Prince Edward county. They flanked the property with helpful hands and grateful smiles to help make their wedding a unique and beautiful occasion. Both families and LOTS of friends turned their fields into a colorful, whimsical wedding extravaganza. There was so much love, laughter, reconciliation... I can't really put this wedding into words. It was everything and nothing of what I expected. I loved that it was all "them". It was very much my brother and his wife. And I love that they used their farm to stage the party of their lives. They are transforming what was a stand of ram-shackled shells of old farm homes into beautiful buildings full of character. I am SO proud of both of them.



Click here to see the first ceremony and lunch reception.

8 comments:

  1. Sarah....your pictures of David and Katy's Wedding are stunning! You have such great talent! Look forward to seeing the next set.

    Gael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Sarah, as always!!! You captured such beautiful moments!!!! Can't wait to see the rest!!! :)) omi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks Omi-Bear I can't wait to see all of yours from the trip. That one of you and jay is AWESOME!

      Delete
  3. Just gorgeous Sarah, as always!!! You captured such beautiful moments!!!! Can't wait to see the rest!!! :)) omi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might have to make a trip to arizona so mike,sayj, and I can get our portaits done..hope all is well!The pics are beautiful as usual Sar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica... I'll have to get you back on my facebook page. I took my kids that red covered bridge we went to that time for some pics and I thought of you the whole time I was there!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments... I love hearing all of them!