Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sophie and Ben in Italy: The Reception



Like most of us do, I sometimes find my family weird.. which explains perfectly why I am weird. And if you asked any of the extended family they would all agree without insult that we're... quirky. That's a good word. But for all our quirks... I have to say... I'm pretty sure I belong to one of the coolest families on the planet. I enjoy everyone's company. Genuinely... from my little cousins to my oldest grandparents - I actually can have a thrilling conversation. I can find common ground with all of them. I sat back and and enjoyed a piece of American cake (amazing!) under an Italian sky... and observed 3 generations of Bussells & Taylors join with Chengs. How strange that time has not changed anybody's energy level. There I watched my uncle dance along side Sophie's new father-in-law Terrance and thought "weird... he's so much like my Dad"... which I don't think very often about anyone. I felt exhausted just watching these two families. Is everyone this full of spunk and vitality or was this the pivotal common denominator that Sophie and Ben share? My grandparents in their 80s danced and chatted till 2 am. Well... specifically my Grandfather danced- his counterparts more or less swayed... he got DOWN! And then like some impossible miracle everyone showed up sober and smiling at the next day's brunch. If genetics count for anything... I have no excuse for being jet lagged 2 weeks post Europe return. I am lucky to be tied to such a crazy and incredible bunch. Sophie and Ben - may your lives be as wonderful as your wedding!! It was stupendously beautiful! As much as the venue made it what it was... I think your family and guests were the real stars of the show. I cannot wait to see the chaos that ensues when we all try to do christmas together one day. I digress.... I love you both. Thank you so much again for giving me the opportunity. Photographing such wonderful people in such a stunning location will always be remembered as a highlight of my career. And Chengs... I feel like I've known you forever already. Welcome to the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments... I love hearing all of them!