Friday, August 7, 2009

Lake Powell Getaway


In anticipation of a REALLY busy month, Wes and I decided to get away at the last minute. We left Lydia for the first time since she was born overnight *nail biter* but it was SO worthwhile. We had a lot of fun just cruising around lake Powell in an old borrowed boat and just soaked up that gorgeous Arizona sun!


In anticipation of an upcoming late wedding - I wanted to play with some long exposure techniques for some portrait ideas I have. The above is an image of wes and I running around with LED flashlights on a 30 second exposure.



The above left photo reminded me so much of a Salvador Dali painting. It's really an eery looking place in a lot of ways.

Did a self portrait on the cliffs using my new pocket wizard system. Pretty fun stuff to play with.

2 comments:

  1. Ok Sarah...you are amazing! The photo of the cross through your long exposure ideaa was absolutely amazing...Scott,my husband, said "can we order that one?" Looks like you and your husband had a nice get-away weekend,quality time together is a good thing. Well, we have looked over all of the amazing photos from our gallary and we have a long list, so when we decide on the top five we have we will be ordering in the next week or so. By the way, I have had so many of my friends ask if they could by a plane ticket so you could take a trip to Washington State to take pictures here for their families too...they were all so impressed.

    Darcy Bond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Page for the first 2 years of my high school life. Looks like you guys had a nice get away, I'm glad it worked out! Love the playing with light, great idea for a portrait! Mine never quiet looked that good....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments... I love hearing all of them!