Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Engaged! Caitlin & Mitchell ~ Part 2

I've driven that road 100 times. The one to Lees Ferry for river trips and Colorado cabin trips. Something about the lines of the buttes and the ancient sand dunes and distant purple mountains of the painted desert made me always want to use the stark desert as a frame for some couple or family. Funnily enough though, it's not that easy to convince people to drive into the middle of nowhere for pictures. Especially when props are rocks and dirt and it's inconvenient to walk half a mile out into the desert and cross old barbed wire into noman's land. When Mitchell told me he loved that area and always wanted photos out there I was not about to give up the opportunity... even if it crossed my mind that 5 weeks from my due date it was probably irresponsible to be lugging people into the middle of nowhere. We were hoping for wild horses - didn't get those. Luckily no early labor though either. We did get incredible light and ultimately I can say probably my favorite engagement session yet. Thanks guys for taking the chance - I love these pictures. You two are GORGEOUS! Viva Navaho Land!

P.S. Cannot wait for their wedding at Foxboro ranch where they will be *fingers crossed* mounting horses (both avid horse riders) in fields of flowers!! Giddyup!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Very interesting location too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.....wonderful pictures Sarah! You really captured their love through those pictures perfectly! Their smiles are both so radiant! And the scenes are magnificent! Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this kicks so much butt, it's not funny. Ironically I've been wanting to shoot those crazy hills/painted desert too. oh man, you killed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Sarah you always seem to find the most incredible places to do pictures! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Couple! The cowboy concept is nice and the location too! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love LOVE the pictures (as usual) Sarah! You did an AWESOME job ~ and what lovely subjects & scenery to work with. Lucky... =) Good job capturing it all with the eye of the camera. AmberO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my GOSH Sarah, these are some of your best photos to date. Incredible!!!!! Can we have a redo of Evan and I out there?! ;) Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The way you work light and location is amazing - so beautiful!! I'm a fan :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments... I love hearing all of them!